Classic large trekking frame, adjustable riding position, 50-60 miles on flat roads. 15AH battery, strong hill climber through gearing, natural ride feel.
Chain drive motor. 7-speed, 25kgs
The Sirocco CDL is best if:
You are taller than 5ft10"
You live in a hilly area
You weigh more than 100kgs
The 26" wheeled Sirocco CD is now replaced by the new Krieger
|Tyres||1.75" road tyres|
|Quick release||Front & rear|
FW + red button
|Price including delivery||
CDL only £799
How to buy this bike?
Call us with your card. (01702) 435566
We'll help with any queries before you actually order.
Or pay with Paypal, use the online shop.
The Sirocco-CDL has both throttle and pedal assist.
To turn on the electrics, press the middle button labelled MODE to the left of the LCD display on the left handlebar.
There are 5 level of assistance, 1 provides the least assistance, 5 the highest.
Press the up and down button to select the desired level.
The 7 gears are controlled by your right thumb.
Gear 1 is for steepest hills, gear 7 for fastest speed.
As well as pedal assist, the Sirocco CDL has a throttle on the right grip. Start pedalling or use the throttle (by simply twisting the left twist grip gently down towards you), the motor will kick in and the bike will woosh you along nicely - the motor is very quiet.
You can go up more or less any hill.
The bike is also very pleasant to pedal with no power.
This bike has been given an EN15194 certificate.
Maximum speed is 15mph and computer controlled.
The 7-speed CDL has quick release only on the front wheel
the 8-speed CD has also quick release on the rear wheel (picture).
Customer reviews of the Sirocco-CDcaztaylor Sep 2013
oldie Sep 2013
energize Oct 2013
We have two wheel sizes, standard 26" wheels (now called the Krieger) to suit riders between 5ft3 to 6ft and larger CDL 28" wheels for taller riders, 5ft10 upwards.
|Overall size:||185cm x 105cm, CDL: 185cm x 115cm|
|Frame size:||45cm, CDL 50cm|
|Saddle height:||85cm-105cm, CDL 94cm-115cm|
|Tyres:||26in, CDL 28in|
|Weight with battery:||25kgs|
The gunmetal Sirocco CDL
Picture gallery of the 7-speed larger frame Sirocco CDLClick on any picture to start slideshow.
Common main features
- delivered 75% built, ride away in minutes
- top brand proven components
- fully accessorized
- slimline discreet sealed battery — bike doesn't look electric
- mechanical components widely available
- 5 levels of assistance, 700C (28″) wheel, stainless spokes, 20″ frame
- easy twist throttle for fast get aways
- 250W chain drive motor
- Lishui 14A controller
- King Meter J-LCD display
- 36V 15AH Lithium polymer battery
- up to 70 miles on single charge, 60 with easy pedalling
- 25 kgs – light enough to ride with no power Power delivery is very gradual on the Sirocco-CDL.
However, this power is transmitted through chain and gears, you should squeeze the brake handles slightly to cut out the motor momentarily when changing gears to protect the derailleur.
There is also this useful maneuver to change gear more smoothly: throttle up, stop pedalling, thottle down, change gear and throttle up again, very much like you would do with your car.
- 36Volts 15AH Lithium battery
- Maximum speed 15 miles per hour
- Dual control: pedal assist and twist grip throttle
- range: 60-70 miles on flat roads with throttle control, more with pedal assist
- 20″ frame, 28″ wheels, suitable for tall riders
- Aluminum frame
- Motor: lightweight brushless chain drive mid motor rated 250W
- Brakes: front disc brakes, rear V brakes
- Saddle: comfort city style
- Battery charger for UK mains
- Weight (including all accessories): 25kgs
- bell and lights
- Guarantee: 1 year parts and labour, excluding consumables
5 Motor Assistance Levels
follow this link for more information.
- no need for tax, insurance or DVLA registration
- clean energy, costs less than 0.1p per mile
- spare battery: £299 delivered
- UK and European compliant
- for riders 14+, 5′ 5″- 6′ 3″
of Hebridean Hopscotch Holidays (www.hebrideanhopscotch.com)
who organise B&B based electric biking holidays throughout the island and hopping through the Western Isles.
Mike also rents out bicycles and of course Sirocco CDs.
Handlebars of the 7-speed CDL: