The Sport-CD (2016): a sporty, well equiped bike with chain drive with 13AH downtube battery.
Massive power, superb range, magnesium suspension forks, Avid disc front and rear, 8-speed, light and stiff alloy frame make it a good choice for climbing hills.
The previous Sport CD 2015 can be found here.
The Sport-CD is best if:
- You live in a hilly area
- You like a light bike with long range
- Your weight is less than 100 kgs
Only £899 including delivery.
How to buy this bike?
Call us with your card. (01702) 435566
We'll help with any queries before you actually order.
Or pay with Paypal, use the online shop.
Why choose a chain drive?
A hub motor can only deliver around 20Nm torque - fine for flat roads but on steep hills, the motor will slow down and output power will drop rapidly.
So if you want to ride hills, a chain drive bike gives you the torque.
Compared to the Krieger, the Sport-CD is lighter and its supspension TopGun 2002SA (Magnesium legs) is also lighter.
|Overall size:||175cm x 105cm|
|Frame size:||17 inches, 43cm (bottom bracket to top of seat tube)|
|Saddle height (in seam):||between 84cm to 105cm adjustable|
|Wheel size:||66cm (26 inches)|
|Tyres:||26in by 2.1in Kenda K1047|
|Weight with battery:||23kgs|
The Sport-CD has both throttle and pedal assist.
To turn on the electrics, press the middle button labelled MODE to the left of the LCD display on the left handlebar.
There are 5 level of assistance, 1 provides the least assistance, 5 the highest.
Press the up and down button to select the desired level.
The 8 gears are controlled by your right thumb.
Gear 1 is for steepest hills, gear 8 for fastest speed.
As well as pedal assist, the Sport CD has a throttle on the left grip. Start pedalling or use the throttle (by simply twisting the left twist grip gently down towards you), the motor will kick in and the bike will woosh you along nicely - the motor is very quiet.
The bike is also very pleasant to pedal with no power.
Maximum speed is 15mph and computer controlled.
The Sport CD is now fitted with the new 13AH HL battery and new 17A controller, sleeker looking.
Image gallery - Sport-CDClick on any image to start slideshow
- delivered 75% built, you only need to fit pedals and handlebars.
- top brand proven components
- fat 2.1in Kenda tyres for comfortable commuting
- mechanical components widely available
- 5 levels of assistance, 26″ wheel, stainless spokes, 17″ frame
- 8 speed Shimano gear system
- easy twist throttle for fast get aways
- 250W chain drive motor
- Lishui 7A-14A controller*
- King Meter J-LCD display
- 36V 13AH Lithium battery with Samsung cells
- up to 55 miles on single charge, 65 with easy pedalling
- 23 kgs – light enough to ride with no power
- * At (maximum) 14A, the power output is about 400W.
Power delivery is very gradual on the Sport-CD.
However, this power is transmitted through chain and gears, you should squeeze the brake handles slightly to cut out the motor momentarily when changing gears to protect the derailleur.
There is also this useful maneuver to change gear more smoothly: throttle up, stop pedalling, thottle down, change gear and throttle up again, very much like you would do with your car.
- 36Volts 15AH Lithium battery
- Maximum speed 15 miles per hour
- Dual control: pedal assist and twist grip throttle
- range: about 35 miles on flat roads with throttle control, more with pedal assist
- 17″ frame, 26″ wheels, suitable for average riders (5′ 5″ to 6′)
- Aluminum frame
- Motor: lightweight brushless chain drive mid motor rated 250W
- Brakes: front and rear disc brakes
- Saddle: choice between gel Velo Plush sport style or lady comfort style
- Tyres: Kenda K1047 26″ by 1.95″ Quick release front & rear
- Battery charger for UK mains
- Weight (including battery): 23kgs
- bell and lights
- Guarantee: 1 year parts and labour, excluding consumables
5 Motor Assistance Levels
follow this link for more information.
- no need for tax, insurance or DVLA registration
- clean energy, costs less than 0.1p per mile
- spare 36V 13AH battery: £299 delivered
- UK and European compliant