a light foldable bike with chain drive and Nexus hub gears.
The Zephyr-CDN Chain Drive is best if:
- You live in a hilly area
- You weigh more than 100kgs
- You don't like derailleurs
Good full suspension (front and rear), 3-speed Nexus gears, light and stiff alloy frame, easy to fold makes this a good choice for climbing hills.
Only £749 including delivery.
How to buy this bike?
Call us with your card. (01702) 435566
We'll help with any queries before you actually order.
Or pay with Paypal, use the online shop.
Why choose a chain drive?
A hub motor can only deliver around 20Nm torque - fine for flat roads but on steep hills, the motor will slow down and output power will drop rapidly.
So if you want to ride hills, a chain drive bike is a must.
By choosing the best gear to suit your terrain, the motor will contine running at high speed, maintaining maximum power output - and if you want to use just the throttle without pedalling, the Zephyr CDN will do this perfectly.
The Zephyr-CDN is also very pleasant to ride in town without power with its hub gears.
Nexus-3 hub gears
Shimano Nexus is the most popular choice for hub gears. With the Nexus-3, the Zephyr-CDN is particularly easy to use.
You can change gear while stationary, at traffic lights or on hills etc.
It's maintenance free, much easier than derailleurs and kinder on your chain too.
There is also this useful maneuver to change gear more smoothly: throttle up, stop pedalling, thottle down, change gear and throttle up again, very much like you would do with your car.
|Overall size:||165cm x 112cm|
|Saddle height (in seam):||76cm-99cm adjustable|
|Wheel size:||20 inches|
|Tyres:||5.5cm wide (20in by 2.125in) Kevlar armored, puncture resistant|
Easy to fold|
Push the safety latch forward to unlock the lever.
Pull the silver lever out to unlock the frame. The Zephyr CDN will fold in halves in seconds.
To fold the handlebars, rotate the safety sleeve to free the lock lever.
Pull out the lock lever. The handlebars can now be folded down.
Dimensions when folded:
The Zephyr-CDN, when folded, measures
about 95cm (L) x 70cm (H) x 55cm.
The Zephyr-CDN has both throttle and pedal assist.
Throttle is on the left twist grip, gear change on the right twist grip.
To turn on the electrics, press the middle button labelled MODE to the left of the LCD display on the left handlebar.
There are 5 level of assistance, 1 provides the least assistance, 5 the highest.
Press the up and down button to select the desired level.
The 3-speed Nexus gears can be changed at any time, even while stationary.
Gear 1 is for steepest hills, gear 3 for fastest speed.
As well as pedal assist, the Zephyr CDN has a throttle on the left grip.
Start pedalling or use the throttle (by simply twisting the left twist grip gently down towards you), the motor will kick in and the bike will woosh you along nicely - the motor is very quiet.
You can go up more or less any hill.
The bike is also very pleasant to pedal with no power.
This bike has been given an EN15194 certificate.
Maximum speed is 15mph and computer controlled.
Image gallery - Zephyr-CDNClick on any image to start slideshow
- delivered 95% built, ride away in minutes
- top brand proven components
- One cable system
- fully accessorized
- discreet sealed battery — bike doesn't look electric
- front and rear suspension, fat 1.95in Kenda Kevlar tyres for comfortable ride
- mechanical components widely available
- 5 levels of assistance, 20″ wheel, stainless spokes, folding frame
- Maintenance free 3-speed Shimano Nexus hub gear system
- easy twist throttle for fast get aways
- Lishui 14A controller with soft start
- King Meter J-LCD display
- 36V 8AH Lithium polymer battery hidden inside frame
- up to 20 miles on single charge, 30 with easy pedalling
- 21 kgs – light enough to ride with no power Power delivery is very gradual on the Zephyr-CDN.
However, this power is transmitted through chain and gears, you should squeeze the brake handles slightly to cut out the motor momentarily when changing gears to protect the gear mechanism.
- no need for tax, insurance or DVLA registration
- clean energy, costs less than 0.1p per mile
- UK and European compliant
- for riders 14+, 5ft3 to 6ft
- 36Volts 8AH Lithium battery
- Maximum speed 15 miles per hour
- Dual control: pedal assist and twist grip throttle
- range: 20-30 miles on flat roads with throttle control, more with pedal assist
- 20in wheels, suitable for average riders 5ft3 to 6ft
- Aluminum frame
- Easy 3-speed Shimano Nexus gears
- Motor: chain drive brushless motor rated 250W
- Brakes: front disc brakes, rear drum brakes
- Suspension: full suspension, front and rear
- Saddle: mens sport style
- Tyres: Kenda Kevlar 20″ by 1.95″
- Battery charger for UK mains
- Weight (including all accessories): 21kgs
- bell and lights (the pictures didn't show rear light, mounted on seat post)
- Guarantee: 1 year parts and labour, excluding consumables
Choose display in miles or km
5 Motor Assistance Levels