The Woosh Rio MTB features:
100mm front suspension fork, 8-speed, GXP crankset, hydraulic brakes front and rear, semi-hidden battery, hi-speed hub motor, 22kgs.
New shape 18" diamond frame, adjustable riding position, 40-45 miles on flat roads with 13AH battery, 60-65 miles with the 17AH battery.
The new Woosh Rio MTB pushes the boundary of what is available with Cycle to Work schemes.
The Rio MTB is best if:
You live in a hilly area
You are 5ft4-6ft.
Over 100kgs, we recommend the Big Bear.
Over 6ft, we recommend the Camino.
How to buy this bike?
Call us with your card. (01702) 435566
We'll help with any queries before you actually order.
Or pay with Paypal, use the online shop.
Only £1,169 with 13AH battery
Only £1,269 with 17AH battery
Price including delivery
|Frame size||44cm 18"|
|Tyres||1.95" mountain tyres|
|Throttle||Left Thumb Throttle|
Pedal assist and thumb throttle.
To turn on the electrics, press the middle button labelled M to the left of the LCD display on the left handlebar.
There are 5 level of assistance, 1 provides the least assistance, 5 the highest.
Press the up and down button to select the desired level.
The 8 gears are controlled by your right thumb.
As well as pedal assist, the Rio MTB has a throttle on the left. Start pedalling, the motor will kick in and the bike will woosh you along nicely - the motor is very quiet.
(The throttle is activated after pedaling two seconds).
You can go up more or less any hill.
The bike is also very pleasant to pedal with no power.
This bike has been given an EN15194 certificate.
Maximum speed is 15mph and computer controlled.
The 8-speed Rio MTB has quick release on the front wheel.
The frame drawing: Link
|Overall size:||172.7cm x 101.2cm|
|Frame size:||44.4cm (18 inches)|
|Tyres:||26in x 1.95in|
|Weight with battery:||22kgs|
- Battery mounted partly inside the downtube for better weight distribution and handling.
- Powerful Bafang SWX02 motor with larger magnet core for more torque.
- Controller neatly integrated inside the frame.
- GXP crankset designed for high mileage.
- High quality adjustable suspension fork with lockout for efficient pedaling without power.
- puncture resist Kevlar tyres.
Download bike manual Download LCD manual
- delivered 85% built, ride away in minutes
- all important components are from the best top brands: Kenda, Ounce, Promax, RST, Shimano
- all important bolts, nuts, spokes are made of stainless steel
- fully accessorized: lights, bell, horn, reflector, mudguards, chainguard, propstand
- 5 levels of pedal assist, easy full speed twist throttle for safe start at traffic lights
- Lishui 17A controller
- 36V 13AH or 17AH Lithium ion battery
- 22kgs – light enough to ride with no power.
- no need for tax, insurance or DVLA registration
- clean energy, costs less than 0.1p per mile
- UK and European compliant
- for riders 14+, over 5ft7
Pimp up your bikeHere are some recommendations from customers who bought the Rio MTB:
wide saddle for commuting: cost £8.18.
Full size mudguards for commuting: cost £7.38.
Fat tyres and strong rims equal better ride
to ensure your maximum ride comfort, we have installed a very good RST suspension fork and puncture resist Kenda Kevlar tyres.
These tyres are wider than the norm, offering better grip and feel much better on road irregularities than the more popular 1.95in tyres.
The rims are also very strong, double wall aluminium construction with 36 spokes 6061-T6 alloy anodized.
Long range, long life battery
The Rio MTB comes with a 13AH or 17AH Lithium ion battery. It is rechargeable around 800 to 1000 times and will last around 4 years if you use the bike regularly.
A new spare battery costs £299 for 13AH, £399 for 17AH including delivery.
If you run on motor alone, you will need between 10WH to 12WH on flat roads, depending on your weight, speed, clothings and headwind. If you pedal along, even a little, you will extend the range.
Going uphill consumes more.
Perfect bike for everyday riding
In creating the Rio MTB, we are looking for best practical solutions to most common requirements for a good electric bike.
Comfort, hill climbing, range, riding position, ease of maintenance and throttle control, all have been all taken of.
The result is a truly effective transport, comfortable and responsive bike for daily use.